Two thumbs up to participants who ride their bike to work! Not only are you doing your part to help the environment, but are gaining valuable exercise at the same time. The RideShare, Etc. program make it easy for cycliests to find fellow employees to ride with to and from work. Simply log on to Ride Share, Etc. and find a fellow biker who lives near you or along your route to join in the ride.
By participating in the Bike to Work program, you can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Bike racks: Several of the campus parking garages have safe and convenient bike parking area with lockers. They are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Shower facilities: Many of the campus building have shower facilities available. Bike commuters who participate in the program are invited to use the available facilities on campus.
- Wellness Points: Check with your employer’s HR department for information on how biking to work can earn you valuable wellness points!
- Emergency Ride Home Program: If you biked to work and need to return home quickly due to an unexpected event or family emergency, a taxi ride home is available to you. Simply call 1-800-ZOO-0003 (option 5) to have a ride arranged for you free of charge.
- Track your commute. Rideshare, Etc. offers a tool to track your monthly commute. Simply register with Rideshare, Etc. and enter your alternative transportation commutes on the available tool. Commuters who track at least 4 commutes per month will be eligible to win monthly prizes!